- FROM MINI GOLF TO NORMAL GOLF IN NEW PARTNERSHIP03 April 2017
For new golfers to be drawn to the sport through indoor mini golf may sound a 'crazy' idea, but thanks to a new initiative it is now happening in Wales.
- WALES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE03 April 2017
Wales golfers had one of their best ever results in winning the European Nations Cup, with Llanwern's Jack Davidson winning the individual title and earning a place in the Walker Cup squad.
- FAMOUS FIVE PROVIDE RECORD WELSH OLYMPIC SAILING CHALLENGE03 April 2017
Wales have a record five sailors involved in the RYA British Sailing Team preparing for future Olympics, with the 2020 and 2024 Games firmly in their sights.
- Tennis for Kids offers free sessions around Wales30 March 2017
Children around Wales are being offered free tennis coaching as part of a major programme to get thousands more youngsters playing the game.
- Chris helps Team GB to world championship silver28 March 2017
Cardiff-based tennis pro Chris Lewis helped Team GB to the silver medal in the ITF (International Tennis Federation) World Team Games in South Africa.
- YOUTH CHAMPION DAN READY FOR OLYMPIC CHALLENGE 22 March 2017
North Wales sailor Dan Whiteley has just been named the RYA Cymru Wales Youth Champion, while embarking on the pathway he hopes will lead to Olympic success.
- GILLIAN TAKES CHARGE OF WELSH GOLF ELITE PERFORMANCE22 March 2017
Former Ireland international Gillian O'Leary is shaping the future elite performance of Welsh golf – hoping to emulate the Emerald Isle's recent successes.
- Four Welsh riders selected for UCI Track Cycling World Championships 201709 March 2017
Welsh Cycling is pleased to see four Welsh riders represent Great Britain Cycling Team at the UCI Track Cycling World Championships presented by Tissot, taking place 12 – 16 April in Hong Kong.
- JACK REIGNS IN SPAIN09 March 2017
Jack Davidson became the first Welsh golfer to win the Spanish Amateur Open, following in the footsteps of players such as Darren Clarke, Jose Maria Olazabal, Sergio Garcia and Danny Willetts.
- HISTORY MAKER LYDIA GETS WELSH PRO GOLFER AWARD06 March 2017
Lydia Hall claimed the Golf Union of Wales Tour Professional of the Year Award after making history as the first woman to beat the men in a British professional golf tournament.
- Fourth for Oliva in keirin at Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup27 February 2017
Team USN’s Lewis Oliva fourth in the keirin as the Tissot UCI Track World Cup closes in Los Angeles.
- Fifth for Wales’ Jon Mould at the Tissot UCI Track World Cup27 February 2017
Team USN’s Jon Mould finished fifth in the scratch at the Tissott UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Los Angeles, with Rachel James and Lewis Oliva in action in the keirin and sprint.
- MIKE WINS SPANISH TITLE27 February 2017
A Welsh golfer has won the Spanish Open for Disabled Players to add to his Welsh and Scottish titles.
- PETE TAKES ON SOUTH WALES SAILING ROLE27 February 2017
A former laboratory technician is looking to increase the number of sailing experiments in South Wales, with a view to turning those first time tryers into long term club members.
- WELSH BOAT WINS NATIONAL AWARD 14 February 2017
The Challenge Wales sail training vessel, which helps a wide range of people from disabled and disadvantaged children to experienced sailors, has won a national award.
- WELSH SAILOR GETS TOP IRISH AWARD10 February 2017
A Welsh sailor has been given one of Ireland's top sailing awards in recognition of his efforts to support the sport on both sides of the Irish Channel.
- Welsh Cycling confirms team for the final round of the Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup Series10 February 2017
Welsh Cycling has announced four riders who will represent Team USN at the Tissot UCI Track Cycling World Cup series in Los Angeles, USA 25 – 26 February.
- Players from Wales are selected for GB tennis teams 09 February 2017
Tennis players from Wales have been called up into the Great Britain teams for a series of international competitions, with two already achieving success.
- Welsh Cycling welcomes new closed road cycling circuit for Carmarthenshire08 February 2017
Welsh Cycling welcomes the announcement of a new closed road circuit to be developed at Pembrey Country Park, Carmarthenshire, a much needed facility in Wales.
- Swansea University partners with Welsh Netball for the Wales v Silver Ferns netball test series02 February 2017
Swansea University and Welsh Netball are pleased to announce their partnership for the 2017 Wales v New Zealand netball test series.
- PING WELSH JUNIOR TOUR BACK BIGGER AND BETTER02 February 2017
Junior golfers around Wales can now enter the Ping Welsh Junior Tour, bigger and better as the events build on the successes of last year's debut.
- ROUTE AND NEW TITLE SPONSOR REVEALED WITH EIGHT WEEKS TO GO TO CARDIFF AND VALE COLLEGE CARDIFF BAY RUN02 February 2017
As the countdown for the Cardiff Bay Run reaches just eight weeks, Cardiff and Vale College (CAVC) has today [Thursday 2nd February] been announced as new title sponsor.
- Awards honour ‘big hitters’ of Welsh tennis – on and off the court31 January 2017
The annual Tennis Wales awards have recognised the ‘aces’ of tennis – the people and organisations that have contributed most to the sport during the past year.
- Venues and dates confirmed for 2017 Welsh Cycling MTB Cross-country Series25 January 2017
Welsh Cycling is pleased to confirm the venues and dates for the 2017 Welsh Cycling MTB Cross-country Series, including the Welsh MTB Cross-country Championships.
- CARDIFF UNIVERSITY/CARDIFF HALF MARATHON OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED AS LEADING GLOBAL RACE24 January 2017
The Cardiff University/Cardiff Half Marathon, Wales’ leading mass participation event, has officially been recognised as one of the leading road races in the world by the IAAF.
- Wales finish fourth in best World League performance23 January 2017
Wales Women have finished fourth at the FIH World League Round 2 in Kuala Lumpur following a 3-1 loss to Italy in the 3rd-4th place play-off today.
- Wales march on to World League Semi-Final20 January 2017
Wales Women are through to the semi-finals of World League Round 2 following a 2-1 win over Kazakhstan.
- DISABILITY BOOST FOR WELSH GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS13 January 2017
Golfers with a disability will be able to compete in most Golf Union of Wales championships this summer, making it one of the first sports to be inclusive at the highest levels.
- Welsh Internationals Recognised with Call Up to GB Programme 12 January 2017
Hockey Wales is proud to announce that three Welsh Internationals are among those to receive a call up to the Great Britain Hockey senior programme, the first Welsh athletes to do so since London 2012 Olympian Sarah Thomas.
- Players from across region win South Wales tennis titles11 January 2017
Players from Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Dinas Powys, Abergavenny, Penarth, and Caerleon were among the winners at the annual South Wales Junior Tennis Championships.
- Parkour takes giant leap to become officially recognised sport10 January 2017
The UK has becomes the first country in the world to officially recognise Parkour/Freerunning as a sport, after the Home Country Sports Councils approved Parkour UK’s application for recognition of the sport and the National Governing Body.
- CLOGAU'S GOLDEN BACKING FOR WELSH LADY GOLFERS06 January 2017
Welsh lady golfers have some golden backing, with Clogau Gold becoming the first ever sponsors of the Welsh Ladies Team Championships.
- Wales travel to Kuala Lumpur ahead of World League Round 205 January 2017
Wales Senior Women travel to Malaysia this Saturday to finalise their preparations for the second round of the prestigious FIH Hockey World League, which is set to take place in Kuala Lumpur from Saturday 14th - Sunday 22nd January.
- Anti-Doping Prohibited List 19 December 2016
The 2017 Prohibited List comes into effect on 1 January.
- OlympAge Games provides a festival of fun sport for older people14 December 2016
Over 200 people came together to enjoy a carnival of fun sporting activities at Bridgend County Borough Council’s innovative ‘OlympAge Games.
- Wales Women's squad named for Round 2 of the FIH World League12 December 2016
Wales Senior Women’s Head Coach Kevin Johnson has named his side for the highly anticipated Round 2 of the FIH World League.
- Welsh Cycling publish Athlete Nomination Policy for Gold Coast 201812 December 2016
Welsh Cycling has today published the Athlete Nomination Policy for Commonwealth Games Gold Coast 2018.
- MUST-DO ROYAL WELSH TRAIL RUNNING FESTIVAL LAUNCHES FOR 201708 December 2016
The unmissable Royal Welsh Trail Running Festival will return to the Royal Welsh Showground in Builth Wells on Sunday 21st May 2017 – with something for everyone.
- ‘OlympAge Games’ for Bridgend07 December 2016
Bridgend County Borough Council is hosting an innovative ‘OlympAge Games’ event, which will see over a hundred participants, made up of older people and people with disabilities, competing in Rio-inspired activities to celebrate a new programme.
- Elinor Barker backs Welsh Cycling Volunteer Network06 December 2016
Welsh Cycling are proud to launch a Volunteer Network, to harness the passion of sports fans in Wales to get involved in cycling.
- Strong line up for 2016 Welsh Cyclo Cross Championships02 December 2016
The 2016 Welsh Cyclo Cross Championships head to Singleton Park, Swansea on Sunday 3 December 2016, with healthy competition for the Welsh titles.
- THE CARDIFF BAY RUN IS BACK!02 December 2016
One of Wales’ most popular running events is returning for 2017 – bigger and better than ever!
- HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL PRESENTS NORTH WALES SAILOR WITH RYA VOLUNTEER AWARD02 December 2016
A North Wales sailor was one of the dedicated volunteers from across the UK who had their endeavours recognised by Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, at the annual RYA Volunteer Awards.
- SPORTS CLUB BOWLED OVER BY NATIONAL LOTTERY SURPRISE29 November 2016
Pembrokeshire Disabled Bowlers Club received a huge surprise this week when a National Lottery player revealed their application for funding had been successful.
- Welsh Cycling to launch women’s cycling hub in Newport28 November 2016
Welsh Cycling are celebrating two years of Breeze Bike Rides in Wales with the launch of a new women’s cycling hub at Fourteen Locks Canal Centre.
- WELSH ATHLETICS’ SUPPORTED ATHLETES ANNOUNCED22 November 2016
Welsh Athletics is pleased to announce that 34 athletes will be supported on the Welsh Athletics Commonwealth Games Podium and Potential programs during the 2016-17 athletics season.
- WORLD CUP BECKONS FOR WELSH BOWLERS21 November 2016
Ten Welsh bowlers will be making the trip to New Zealand later this month to take part in the World Bowls Championships.
- OUTDOOR SPORTS GO IN TOGETHER21 November 2016
Five of Wales' top outdoor sporting bodies have joined together to tackle inequalities and expand participation in their sports.
- Yonex Welsh International Championships 201616 November 2016
The Yonex Welsh International Badminton Championships is the premier event in the Badminton Wales calendar.
- PAUL PICKS UP NATIONAL AWARD14 November 2016
A Llandudno sailor will be presented with one of the Royal Yachting Association’s most prestigious awards by HRH the Princess Royal, President of the RYA, in recognition of his commitment to North Wales sailing.
- Welsh players enjoy success at National Learning Disability Tennis Championships09 November 2016
Players from Wales were on good form at the Tennis Foundation’s National Learning Disability Tennis Championships, held in partnership with Special Olympic Great Britain, at Wrexham Tennis Centre.
- Bronze double for Wales’ Team USN at UCI Track Cycling World Cup07 November 2016
Lewis Oliva and Sam Harrison take home bronze medals at the UCI Track Cycling World Cup in Glasgow.
- Golf Union of Wales earns Silver success07 November 2016
The Golf Union of Wales have become one of the first sports governing bodies in Wales to earn an insport Silver Award for their work in making the sport more inclusive for disabled people.
- Game changers to transform women and girls' rugby in Wales04 November 2016
The Welsh Rugby Union will significantly increase opportunities for women and girls at all levels of the game with three new posts, advertised on wru.wales today.
- 2016 Welsh Cycling Awards. And the winners are!31 October 2016
Welsh Cycling marked a monumental year of cycling at the 2016 Welsh Cycling Awards held in Cardiff on Saturday 29 October.
- World seniors tour tennis comes to South Wales13 October 2016
International tennis came to the Cardiff suburbs when Rhiwbina Tennis Club hosted an ITF (International Tennis Federation) world seniors tour event.
- FORMER MCDONALD’S VP, FAW CEO & ARMY OFFICER TO MODERNISE SPORTS & PHYSICAL ACTIVITY SECTOR11 October 2016
Helen Humphrey – McDonald’s first ever female Vice President – has been appointed as Chair of the Welsh Sports Association (WSA).
- Welsh Cycling celebrates female membership milestone this Women in Sport week07 October 2016
Welsh Cycling is pleased to announce that its British Cycling female membership has passed 1,000, a significant milestone to celebrate during Women in Sport week.
- Welsh Cycling welcomes new British Cycling and HSBC UK partnership21 September 2016
Welsh Cycling has today welcomed the new partnership between British Cycling and HSBC UK, which will also see investment in Welsh Cycling from January 2017.
- One, two, three and four…..Wales push back to be group winners.12 September 2016
Wales secured qualification for the Men’s Hockey World League (HWL) Round 2 after winning four out of four matches in Glasgow this week 6th – 11th September 2016.