- Junior Commonwealth Games Team Excel27 September 2011
The future of Commonwealth sport in Wales is looking bright after an outstanding display of talent saw Wales finish fifth in the medal table at the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games.
- Weightlifting goes from strength to strength27 September 2011
The Chinese Weightlifting Association brought their world beating weightlifting team – including three current Olympic champions – to Bangor for a pre Games training camp in preparation for the London 2012 Olympic Games from 4-10 August 2011.
- Wales’ disability sport system the envy of the world27 September 2011
In the midst of celebrations marking one year to go until the 2012 Paralympics a huge announcement emerged, which truly marks how far disability sport in Wales has come over the last decade.
- ‘Outstanding’ sporting public to be honoured27 September 2011
The very best of Welsh sport are set to be honoured in November as the difficult task of picking out the best coaches and volunteers of 2011 is discussed and debated.
- Commonwealth Mountain and Ultra Distance Championships27 September 2011
The second Commonwealth Mountain and Ultra Distance Championships were held in North Wales on 23-25 September 2011 with over 200 athletes from 24 Commonwealth countries descending on Wales for a festival of international running.
- Water launches keep sport off dry land27 September 2011
Two new sporting developments in South West Wales are putting Welsh youngsters on course for future success on the water.
- Schools urged to take the sporting census18 July 2011
This summer term Welsh sport chiefs are urging schools to push a sports census to the top of the class.
- A look at London 2012 life18 July 2011
A sporty sixteen year-old from Lampeter has got the inside track on life leading up to London 2012.
- Win £50 of Sports Equipment!18 July 2011
Would you like the chance to win £50 sports equipment for a primary or secondary school of your choice?
- Young People Power18 July 2011
In her role as a London 2012 Gold Young Ambassador for Bridgend, Maesteg Comprehensive pupil Natalie Davies is tasked with raising the awareness of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and encouraging young people across the borough to get involved in sport in the lead up to the Games and beyond.
- National School Sport Week comes to Cardiff18 July 2011
Lynne Seehasuth and Sunshine Leon are just two of the young people across Cardiff that have been tasked with getting their peers involved in and passionate about sport, and last week they used National School Sport Week to do just that.
- Meet the Young Ambassadors working group18 July 2011
The 2nd - 3rd June 2011 marked Wales' first ever Young Ambassador Steering Group meeting.
- Young Ambassadors - Q&A with David Davies18 July 2011
Two-times Olympic medallist and swimmer, David Davies, took time out of his busy training schedule to meet some of Wales' Young Ambassadors at their inaugural steering group meeting in Cardiff and to take part in a Q&A session - and quizzed he most certainly was!
- Living the Vision08 May 2011
As sporting partners across Wales take stock of the national sporting vision, some interesting aspirations are being thrown into the mix.
- Laura Blog - May 201108 May 2011
- News in Brief - May 201108 May 2011
A quick summary of all of the news from April and May
- Football focus north and south 08 May 2011
Two football developments at opposite ends of Wales have made it into their very own Premier Leagues.
- BT Paralympic World Cup - What does it mean to us in Wales?08 May 2011
With great success already seen at the IPC Senior and IWAS Junior World Championships so far in 2011, all eyes are now on the BT Paralympic World Cup, which will be hosted in Manchester again this year, writes GERWYN OWEN of Disability Sport Wales.
- Sporting summer on the field and in the classroom08 May 2011
As the starting gun fires on a summer of sport for Welsh youngsters, schools across the country are being asked to take up a baton of their own.
- £5,000 funding boost for Pembroke Dock cycling centre31 March 2011
A new cycle centre in Pembroke Dock can now keep people on their pedals – and improve performance – whatever the weather.
- Girl Power06 March 2011
Commonwealth Games medallists and stars of the pool Jazmin Carlin, Jemma Lowe and Georgia Davies took time out of their busy training schedule for a trip to Bridgend to find out what is getting in the way of girls pulling on their trainers or getting into their swimsuits.
- Nia Williams and Sue Parry: Passion for the Pool06 March 2011
At Sport Wales we have often said that our main aspirations are to get every child hooked on sport for life and to create a nation of champions.
- Rebecca and Alyson help hundreds to vault into gymnastics 06 March 2011
From humble beginnings at a Cardiff leisure centre, Capital Academy of Gymnastics has gone from strength to strength, thanks to an intense passion and even more dedication from founders and relatives Rebecca Hosken and Alyson Gauregui.
- Zest in the West for girls' sport06 March 2011
With the push to keep more women and girls in sport after their teenage years, a mixture of the old and new are making a difference in South West Wales.
- Leading Ladies06 March 2011
Set behind a Wales-wide Vision for sport in Wales, the chairs, chief executives and lead officers of governing bodies of sport in Wales came together recently to discuss how they could lead their sports towards the new aspirations.
- Laura's Blog - Women and Girls in Sport06 March 2011
It is no coincidence that we should choose today to turn our attention to female involvement in sport. March 8 is International Women's Day (IWD); a global celebration of the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
- News in Brief03 March 2011
Further news about our recent Staff Day and our up and coming Stakeholder Conference in June.
- Swimming talking targets21 January 2011
With the Welsh sporting sector aiming to take performance and participation to the next level, swimming is one sport that has embraced the move to set an ambitious Vision.
- Laura's Blog - The Sporting Year Ahead 20 January 2011
2011, on paper at least, looks like a slightly quieter year than last. The Ryder Cup in Newport and Team Wales’s trip to Delhi for the Commonwealth Games made 2010 rather special.
But just over the horizon of course are two home Games with London 2012 and the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games drawing ever closer. Sport will certainly be in the spotlight and we need to make the most of it.
- Elite sport round-up with the Sport Wales Institute20 January 2011
Just one month in and Welsh athletes are already making their mark within British squads; a positive sign of things to come. Catch-up on all the latest results and achievements from Welsh sport.
- Wrexham Refugee Football Course20 January 2011
In 2003, racial tension between a small pocket of refugees and locals on the Caia Park estate in Wrexham led to two notorious nights of rioting and violence. It brought the nation’s attention on North Wales’ largest city for all the wrong reasons.
- Love your heart and help cut Welsh cardiac problems, say experts20 January 2011
On a significant day for Welsh hearts, it is time for the Welsh public to focus on exercise and sport in the fight against heart disease in Wales, according to health experts.
- Pembrokeshire performance makes a splash19 January 2011
The path to the pool in Pembrokeshire has been easy to find for thousands of children and young people in recent years.
- Sport Wales offer cash boosts to get more people into business and into sport19 January 2011
Have you ever dreamt of being the next Sir Terry Matthews and owning your own championship golf course; the next Duncan Bannatyne and running your own chain of successful leisure facilities or have simply seen a gap in the sporting market that you would love nothing more to fill? Well, now could be your chance.
- A Vision for sport in Wales14 December 2010
We all have them. Those moments when you get lost in your own deep thoughts and visualise amazing success or how you could rule the world with the next big invention!
- Celebrating a decade of Disability Sport in North Wales07 December 2010
There are more opportunities to take part in grassroots disability sport in Wales than ever before thanks to the Disability Sport Wales National Community Development Programme, which celebrates a decade of bringing sport and recreational opportunities to disabled people throughout Wales.
- New home for Neath-Afan Gymnastics07 December 2010
After a real team effort, a new gymnastics facility in Neath is already making a big difference in the community.
- Read our Chair's blog - December 201007 December 2010
In a fantastic year for star athletes like David Greene and Jazz Carlin, I often think about the challenges they have had to overcome before, during and after every race...and the incredible determination to reach their goals.
- New pool to support athlete rehab07 December 2010
Gymnast and London 2012 hopeful, Lizzie Beddoe, is one of Wales’ first athletes to utilise the Sport Wales Institute’s newly installed, state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pool.
- Sporting Chairs stand together 07 December 2010
Welsh sport has a new team. People at the top of national governing bodies have made a commitment to work more closely for the collective benefit of sport.
- Welsh coaches efforts recognised at UK awards06 December 2010
While Lee Westwood’s coach took the top honour, three top coaches have been flying the flag for Wales at the UK Coaching Awards in London.
- Disability coach crowned Coach of the Year24 November 2010
With his performers aiming for the London Paralympics, a national boccia coach has been crowned the Sport Wales Coach of the Year for 2010.
- Coaches to compete for UK titles22 November 2010
Three outstanding coaches will be leading the Welsh chase for prestigious UK awards later this month.
- Sport Wales response to budget cuts19 November 2010
Sport Wales Chair, Prof Laura McAllister, today responds to the news that it will receive cuts to its exchequer budget over the next three years.
- Elite coaches reach top three final16 November 2010
Coaches from the sports of athletics, swimming and gymnastics will be competing for the title of Elite Performance Coach of the Year for 2010.
- Consultation - A vision for sport in Wales12 November 2010
Some of you will be aware that Sport Wales has recently developed a vision for sport in Wales; one that represents the ambitions of the entire sector.
- Young Ambassadors Conference 201011 November 2010
The first ever Young Ambassadors Conference, presented by Adidas came to Wales on 5 October.
- Swing while your winning11 November 2010
A magnificent Ryder Cup match at Celtic Manor has certainly given a lifetime of memories to the world’s golf fans. But what else will be left for Wales?
- News in Brief - October/November 2010 11 November 2010
- Coach of the Year 2010 finanlists revealed11 November 2010
The coaches aiming to lift the prestigious coach of the year titles have now been revealed.
- Orienteering boost for Margam Park11 November 2010
A cash injection of £15,000 is giving visitors to Margam Park even more opportunities to be active in the great outdoors.
- Funding putts golf course back on course11 November 2010
A Flintshire parkland golf course has been resurrected from overgrown wasteland to flourishing community club, after a long campaign to restore it to former glory.
- Delhi do nicely!11 November 2010
Team Wales made the headlines for all the right reasons at the Delhi Commonwealth Games as Wales’ finest returned home to a heroes welcome with their 19 medals proudly on display.
- 500 to none11 November 2010
With no free places for youngsters in Bridgend to get on the pommel horse or beam – a sporting partnership sprang into action to open up more gymnastics opportunities in the town than ever before.
- Welsh athletes double UKA funding spots02 November 2010
Wales has doubled the number of athletes receiving top tier funding from UK Athletics after a medal-winning year for our track and field stars.
- Rugby referee urges Welsh public to give volunteering a try01 November 2010
With the autumn rugby internationals soon upon us, top referee Nigel Owens has voiced his support for Sport Wales' Behind Every Star Campaign.
- Commonwealth team give Wales success platform15 October 2010
Following numerous medal winners and high quality performances from Welsh athletes in Delhi, the future for Wales is bright.
- Keep up with Team Wales04 October 2010
With the Commonwealth Games in full swing, there are a number of ways you can keep up with the latest from Team Wales.
- Team Wales settle into village29 September 2010
With the arrival of shooting, wrestling and tennis into the Games Village today (Wednesday September 29), Team Wales is beginning to settle into their accommodation and are honing their preparations before competition begins on Monday (4 October 2010).
- Commonwealth team call for Welsh coaching heroes20 September 2010
Team Wales athletes and coaches have taken time out from their preparations for Delhi to urge the Welsh public to recognise their sports coaches and volunteers.