Fancy £1500 towards your community sport project?
Community Chest offers grant awards up to £1,500 in any 12
- Increasing participation
- Improving standards
Who can apply?
Any group that holds an account (be it a Bank, Building Society
or Credit Union account), in their organisation's name. You'll
probably be one of the following:
- Sports Club or Association
- Youth Club
- Community Group
Please note, you will need to submit evidence that your
organisation holds a valid account in its name with your
application form, as failure to do so may delay your application
from being assessed.
Who cannot apply?
- Primary / secondary schools arranging activities for their
- Individual members of the public
- Local Authorities
- Organisations whose proposed project has already started.
In addition the following activities / project elements cannot
- Personal items of equipment or kit
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates and trophies
- Sports tours
- One-off events with no links to ongoing activities
- Day-to-day running costs
- Projects that have already started
- Projects where the activity takes place outside of Wales
- Insurance / League fees / affiliation / activities deemed part
of the "core" business of the applicant
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental
improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or
facilities (however consideration will be given to replace
equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying
- Financial support for individuals
How to apply
Community Chest is run in partnership with the 22 Local
Authorities in Wales. To apply for a grant click on the
"Apply Online" button on the right to access the Sport Wales Grants
Portal, from there you can fill in the online Community Chest
application form. When you submit your application it will be
automatically emailed to the Local Authority that you indicate your
project is taking place in, on the 'About the Project' page of the
Throughout the application form, if you require more information
or guidance about a section or question, click on the nearest blue
question mark where some more information will be
When completing your application, please ensure you attach all
requested documents, especially evidence of your organisation's
account (be it a Bank, Building Society or Credit Union account),
so that the processing of your application is not delayed.
Following submission of your application form, you will be updated
on its progress as it moves from stage to stage through the award
process, via email.
Before applying, please read the 3 "Help" PDF documents, as they
will give you an idea of what information is required as well as
explain how to apply for a grant using the Sport Wales Grants
Finally, to check if your current internet browser is one that
is supported and capable of using our online Grant Application
system, click here
to check your browser's compatibility.
If you're not sure if Community Chest is for you, or you require
any help with completing the form, please contact either the Sports
Development Team at your
Local Authority or your local County Voluntary Councils.
NB: Please note that Sport Wales are a distributor of National